Treasurer's House, YorkJuly 25 in the United Kingdom
This was the residence of the treasurer of York Minster cathedral until the Reformation of the English Church in 1547. It was owned by various people, then divided into three units. Finally the units were bought by a wealthy industrialist, Frank Green. He rehabilitated it into his vision of what it might have been, and it's not entirely accurate, but at least the building was saved.