Day 23July 2, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C
Got up in downtown Portland, Me this morning with sunshine and 27 deg C! Finally, summer has arrived. Everyone here says that there was no spring this year in the east. It went from snow & miserable to wet & miserable.
Toured south down to Biddeford Pool. Had lunch at outdoor restaurant overlooking 'The Pool'. Met a couple from Massachusetts and struck up a coversation. Their son plays hockey, and has a premonition that he has some Canadian blood in him somewhere! He celebrated Canada Day yesterday (in Maine). We gave him a Toonie to take home.
1. Panoramic photo of Biddeford Pool basin during receding tide.
2. 'Air mail' bird house in front of cottage there.
3. Cottage that we rented in Biddeford Pool +/- 20 years ago for our family vacation with Mom & Dad, Bronwyne & the boys.
4. Back of restaurant in Biddeford Pool.
5. Local boat running agaist ebb tide exiting 'The Pool'
6. Theatre seats in local movie theatre where we watched latest Spiderman movie. Full meals and drinks delivered to your seats!
92 kms.Read more