Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    The Good, the Bad and the Tiny!

    February 24, 2019 in Vietnam ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    The days are slipping past here in heaven and we are doing our level best to get as much rest and recuperation in....before we think about our next trip! The beach here is amazing, the sand is so soft and the beach seems so empty. We think most people sit in the shade and there is limited shade on the beach.....which suits us (Tracy!) just fine.
    If you accept this trip is close to heaven then you have to accept the existence of a kind of hell. Well, Ken can confirm that hell definitely exists. In this country it is called “a signature Swedish Massage” and it is carried out by a small skinny Vietnamese lad in the Spa! The key point is this innocuous looking youth has such strong hands and fingers that he can cause more pain than you can imagine. He does not stop when you (Ken) cries out in pain or shows any compassion when you (Ken) begs him to stop. And it really does not help when Tracy can be heard giggling at Ken’s clear discomfort!
    That was yesterday’s Spa Treatment and Ken insisted that today we reverted back to being wrapped in plastic and covered in Aloe Vera. Much more relaxing! Still the G&T afterwards does help! Aside from the Spa, we love the staff here, they are so friendly and happy but the main adjective you would use is “small” they really are a tiny nation!
    Read more