Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Leaving Ithaki

    October 4, 2018 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    The weather forecasts for the region have continually given the impression that every sort of weather could be expected at varying times of any day. Rain, wind, calm, thunderstorms and in whatever combination you choose. The only exception was snow - all the weather apps agreed on this - there would none, at any time!

    Rob decided to believe the suggestion that the day would begin clear and warm, so he peered outside about 45 minutes before sunrise to see if there might be an opportunity for some photography ... and there was. He collected his gear together (having got dressed of course) and quietly left the boat and headed down the quayside in search of a decent composition. It was quite peaceful in the morning light, setting up the tripod and trying different angles - a boat here, or there, or that angle or this but all too soon the sun was up and the light had changed, so Rob headed back for a coffee just as the others were getting up.

    After the morning briefing/breakfast in a nearby bar-restaurant it was time to leave. The weather was perfect and promised to stay like that for the whole day so, in the warm morning sun and on calm blue waters, Rincewind glided along through fabulous scenery towards the open sea.
    Read more