Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 4

    My gooch is a swamp

    1. februar, Argentina ⋅ 🌙 31 °C

    Yesterday was our last day in BA for a bit. It was excruciatingly hot, 34 degrees that felt like 41. Even in the shade, the air was so hot we thought we'd melt away. As Nick later told me to sum up the day - his gooch was a swamp 🤣.
    The only way to survive was to find shelter in the museums. We went to the museum of Latin American arts first. I really enjoyed the part about Frieda Kahlo, she was so ahead of her (and our) time! The rest wasn't really for me... modern art kinda looks like tat to me 😂. Still - the AC made it all worth it.
    We wanted to go to the Japanese Gardens but the tallest tree there looked too small to offer any comforting shade, so we went to a cafe called Selina which was great. Amazing food and service, we did not want to leave so started playing monopoly deal.
    We finally went to the museum of fine arts - which was good. The indigenous section was probably the most interesting one, since we didn't come to Argentina to see Manet lol. Topping up our SUBE (travel) card proved extremely difficult - can't do it online without an Argentinian ID, and all the machines we found were broken. We finally managed to get a lady in a tube stop to do it 🎉.
    We needed it so we could take a bus to the local bus station, el Retiro de Omnibus. There are 3 train stations and one bus station all in a row, all huge and all progressively more and more run down. We finished the day boarding on a 17.5 hours bus to Puerto Iguazu... good luck to us!
    Les mer