Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Trebah Gardens

    June 15, 2017 in England ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Today we planned to visit Trebah Gardens on the north side of the river.

    We got the water taxi to collect us from Eureka but for some reason Maeve and I didn't go ashore until an hour after Chris and Eddie.

    We headed on the short walk uphill to the gardens and met up again with Chris and Eddie.
    It was very hot so we were delighted when we got to the shades of the trees in the gardens.
    Chris had been at the gardens before as her niece had got married there and I discovered that the house and gardens had been old by Donald Healey the car designer of 'Austin Healey' fame.

    Once we were finished our exploring we thought about dinner.
    We wanted to have dinner ashore at a restaurant near the north harbour but discovered that they were not serving until 17.00 which was too late to get the water taxi back to Eureka.
    Instead we got the taxi to being me back to Eureka to get the dinghy for later while the rest got dropped off on the south shore where the Cotter's kindly treated us to dinner in the Shipwright.

    Once back onboard we made straight for our berths as we have an early start tomorrow
    Read more