Satellite
  • Day 1

    Somewhere near England

    May 13, 2018, English Channel ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    After a nice drive down to Southampton with Maz and Sue, we boarded the new and improved Independence of the seas.
    I must say that they have done a great job with the refurbishment.
    Nothing that I can see has been done to the cabins, but the public areas have been greatly improved.
    With one or two brilliant additions, first being the new Suites lounge, which replaces the old concierge lounge on deck 10, that, is now cabins.
    The new lounge is on deck 14 opposite the diamond club lounge. It is brilliant, with a wall of windows and very nice furniture.
    The other addition is the new Playmakers Bar on deck 4. This is a cracking sports bar with what seems like 100s of tv screens, showing all manner of sports. There are pool tables, and bar games on the tables, along with some basketball machines if you want to shoot some hoops.
    Outside at the back of the ship are a new water slide, a kind of kids climbing setup and The Skypad, which is apparently a bungee simulator, where you get strapped in and sort of bounce on a trampoline, while wearing a VR headset.
    All in all from what I've seen upto now, they have given the Indy a great new lease of life, and imho, they are definitely on to a winner, especially with the younger cruisers and families.
    Read more