Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 9

    Day 9 - Lakes Entrance

    12 janvier 2023, Australie ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    A relaxing rest day with fantastic weather. Our free camp spot at the Wyanda Winery is really lovely with beautiful peaceful tree-lined surroundings. After a sleep-in we started the day at the winery cafe with a cappu and Devonshire tea for a light brunch. We then headed off to see some of the sights in the areas around Lakes Entrance. Lake Tyers Beach was a disappointment. Scenery was nothing special and the air had a strong seaweed smell everywhere. It was low tide. So we left and headed west to a place we had not heard of before - Metung. Wow! What a surprise! Situated on the shores of a large lake this is a lovely small upmarket town with a very large array of privately owned and in many cases expensive boats, clean well manicured gardens and town facilities, and a wide variety of boutique shops, cafes, and clubs. It reminded us of some of the boating towns in the USA. CK was facia red with the black swans as she has never seen these before. We took a long walk along the wooden boardwalk that runs alongside the lake. A really great spot to visit!
    Lakes Entrance has several excellent lookouts that overlook the lake areas. Coming back to our campsite we participated in a wine tasting at the winery which of course led to purchasing a few bottles,
    Tomorrow we head off to Melbourne to spend 6 days with family and friends which will be very nice. So tonight we treated ourselves to a nice romantic seafood chowder dinner for two at the winery restaurant to celebrate a successful trip south with the caravan and we look forward to our inland trip back up north after our stay in Melbourne. By the time we reach Melbourne we will have travelled about 2700km so far on this trip.
    En savoir plus