Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 19

    Day 19 - Forbes to Narromine

    22 januari 2023, Australien ⋅ 🌧 22 °C

    Lots of rain last night, so the ground was muddy. Unfortunately CK slipped and fell in the mud. Embarrassed but thankfully no injuries. A quick shower in the caravan and all back to normal.
    First driving leg was to Eugowra, a small town famous for its painted murals. Unfortunately this town was very badly hit by the floods last year which wiped out many houses. Today there was still a big contingent from Disaster Relief Australia helping the townsfolk and others from surrounding areas to recover as there are many who still can’t live in their homes. The floods also affected several of the murals which have been removed for restoration.
    Then onto Molong but en route navigating became interesting when some signage indicated major traffic hazards ahead in about 30km and Google maps began to show odd deviations. We wondered if the roads had become flooded again with the overnight rains. We continued but wondered if we would get through. The roads were rough with lots of potholes and puddles but remained open so despite our concerns we eventually arrived OK in Molong and saw the large painted water tank art.
    Then on to our friends property near Narromine. Again the road was rough but passable and the weather slowly improved. We had been driving in rain all day but the rain cleared just after arriving at Narromine. It was great to see our friends John & Jan and Murray & Linda and we all enjoyed a night out at the Narromine Gliding Club for dinner.
    Läs mer