Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 17

    A Taste of Wilpena Pound

    3 maja 2023, Australia ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Our plans for today were to take a self-guided 4WD drive through some of the less accessible parts of the Willow Springs property with views over the ranges and Wilpena Pound. The people here call it the SkyTrek. However when Carolina found out it takes 7 hours of rough 4x4 driving she decided it was not for us and she wanted a quieter day.
    So we re-jigged the days activities and started with a breakfast trip to the Wilpena Pound Resort. But before you exclaim that this is not possible because dogs are not allowed, we decided to leave Chanel in the caravan for a couple of hours while we went to the Resort to look around and to have our first cooked breakfast. We normally have a light cereal and fruit breakfast and a cappuccino, so today was a treat to have a very tasty full Wipena Pound cooked breakfast at the resort restaurant. At $30pp this was a good value and set us up for the rest of the day until dinner time.
    The Wilpena Pound Resort is a 5-star hotel resort. It also has caravan and camping grounds which are pricey but are nicely designed. But no dogs are allowed. The report is right on the edge of Wilpena Pound but access into the Pound itself is still only by walking.
    After breakfast we went back to our caravan and picked up Chanel and then took one last drive around some tracks and gorges in the nearby ranges including the Moralana Scenic Route and the remaining part of the Brachina Gorge that we had not completed yesterday. Really nice scenery which to Carolina’s delight also included another group of emus!
    By mid-afternoon we were back at the caravan for an afternoon cappu and then spent a couple of hours doing some housekeeping in the caravan and car. Another clear evening with a campfire saw the end of a lovely stay here in the Flinders Ranges.
    Czytaj więcej