Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Almería - Rioja 16km

    September 22, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    We started in front of the cathedral at about 7:30am. The way out of Almería is very well signposted.
    In Huercal de Almería, we did wonder how we had to cross the street... 😄
    We received our first stamp for the day at the Ayuntamiento in Huercal de Almería. The staff were very helpful.
    When we arrived on the rambla, there was a stream of smelly water, but thankfully the workers showed us a way around.
    In Pichena, we had a break and ate ice cream in the little park. We got our second sello at the Ayuntamiento.
    Another stretch on a rambla, and shortly after the bridge we walked into Rioja.
    The albergue is simple, with 5 bunk beds, one baño, and very limited cooking facilities. We weren't quite prepared for lunch, as we were expecting an open tienda (it wasn't). So we went to the first bar available, the Bar de la Oficina, which was very quiet . Tapas, un tinto de verano, un zumo de piña was all we needed for lunch, even if it was basic. Then we found out about the bar Los Pirineos, which was much busier and looked like there was better food. We might eat there tonight.
    Read more