Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 20

    End of the journey ➡️ Total: 1085 km

    1 października 2023, Francja ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Cumul: 1085 km

    We pack up the tent early, as other campers reach theirs after a long night out.. We stop at Arès, where again all cafés are closed, but the bakery is very busy and serves coffee in paper cups.
    We make most of the cool hours circling the Bassin, among joggers, dogs on a leash, cyclists going to the market. We reach Le Teich, have a quick reconnoitre of the station and head for the center for a well deserved beer. And then again,at 10h30 on a Sunday all bars are closed!
    We push further to an ornitological park, with its Brasserie and finally sit down in front of a particularly delicious local beer, brewed in La Teste, the next village.
    The train is on time, the connection in Bordeaux is not too complicated and we are glad of our light bikes as we carry them up the stairs to our departing plateform.
    Of course, the train gets stuck in Bergerac for “an unlimited amount of time due to a technicall incident”. But as we explore our options to get home, the incident is resolved and we reach St Cyprien station only half an hour late where our car has been parked these 3 past weeks. We make it home to an empty fridge - except for a bottle of Champagne for which we quickly find some use. Luckily for us, we have great friends who went to the market this morning and made us a gourmet basket for our dinner. We stop by their house in the early evening to pick it up and share a warm and happy moment with them.
    As we sit down to our own dining table a couple of hours later, fatigue and aching smooth themselves into a very relaxing satisfaction. Somehow the “chase” is over, even though our mind is still bubbling with colors, smells, ambiances.. Home is a wonderful place to be.
    Czytaj więcej