Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    On the way home

    January 12, 2019 in Canada ⋅ 🌙 -14 °C

    Stayed at The Blakemore Hyde Park last night. By the time we got off the train at 9 and found our way to the hotel in the dark and the king sized bed was changed back to two twins, it was 10:30. Minimal unpacking as we planned to leave this morning by 10:30.

    After a lovely continental breakfast in the basement of the hotel, we walked to the Westbourne Hyde Park where Linda had forgotten her wool coat when we left there on Monday. Finally we were able to get some answers from the manager who advised that they had seen the coat packed in a M & S bag and left in the linen room. They haven’t been able to locate beyond that. They will pay for the coat if they don’t find it. Went back to our hotel and checked out. Walked to Paddington Station to catch the Heathrow Express train. 15 minutes to the airport!

    Because we didn’t want to use the radio wave machine we asked for the pat down and had to wait very long for them to get available personnel. They also pulled our carry-on baggage from the x-ray machine to do a hands-on search. This all took a very long time and so had only 10 minutes to shop in the duty-free shop before boarding. Left on time and arrived in Montreal early. The tv at my seat didn’t owork so received a code to be entered online for a discount on future travel. Had a Montreal smoked meat bagel for supper and hung around for 5.5 hours til our flight left at 8:50. Long day. We will have been travelling for 16 hours. Made it home safely.
    Read more