Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 13

    Cape Le Grand National Park

    10. November 2022 in Australien ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Spent the day out at Cape Le Grand National Park today. What a fantastic day, sun, rain, thunder and lightning!
    First beach we visited was Lucky Bay. Walked the whole bay, round trip about 7km. Just beautiful and the sun was shining, well at least to start! Both ends of the bay so lovely, on our way back the dark clouds chased and caught up with us, we had to make a run along the beach to get back!
    That shower didn't last long and we didn't get very wet so set up our cooker and had a bbq at one of the picnic tables.
    Then off to Thistle Cove where the whistling rock is. The wind makes a weird whistling noise through/ around the rock.
    We then stood on the rocks of Thistle Cove and watched a lightning show over the bay, great until a crack of thunder boomed right overhead and the rain came again. Another mad dash back to the car!
    The showers were short lived and no wind around so we continued to enjoy the day, next beach was Cape Le Grand Beach. This one was a special beach for Rob- first time he drove his Pajero on the beach. Lots of fun. He then braved the waters for a swim, me? I looked after the car keys!
    Lastly we went to Hellfire Bay where we walked the bay while watching more black clouds roll closer, deciding to jog back along the beach to beat the weather, good decision, just back in the car heading back to Esperance and down it poured. 5 minutes later sun out and rain all over. Great day!
    Weiterlesen