Satellite
  • Day 1

    An Australian Bridge too far

    December 2, 2016 in India ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    02/12/16

    8am flight from Kathmandu to Delhi.

    After being frisked around 12 times and going through umpteen security gates we get on the plane.

    The yanks have just gone back in the lead for least fave travellers (LFTs).

    A little Nepalese man who clearly hadn't flown before was sat in a female yanks seat. She walked right up to him and went 'you're in my seat' no excuse me, nothing, obvs he also struggled with the language and then she repeated herself so horribly to the poor bloke. Then her mate was like 'oh my gawwwwd, why do they give all the short people the aisle/long leg room seat!' Well dick head when was the lAst time you filled your flight info in and out your height on it!? Irritating socialist as well.

    Luckily the flight has missy Elliot busting so we're set!

    Once we get to Delhi we have to go through their hardcore immigration procedure which is the reason we stayed in Nepal for so long in the first place (Noblet got Donkey for this don't worry) despite DGLHC warnings! Bout a 6 hour delay here due to 'fog' really smog reducing visibility down to 50m.

    This delay is great it helps us get cash out.... Oh wait!!! THERE IS NO CASH IN INDIA and no one takes card. Fml we are goosed. We change our last £15 to rupees and that's all we've got until we find an atm with cash in it.

    Then onto a flight to Dedhandrun and then onto Rishikesh... Capital of being a good meditating person, after the Beatles visited here in some previous era. Staying here for 4 days.

    We got a taxi with a dim Aussie girl who was stressing over being alone. Her destination ... 'The bridge' .... The bridge? In a city with the Ganges running through it and three tributaries... It was thought the bridge was enough to get her where she needed to go. It wasn't. We spent an hour driving all over the place to try to find her friend. Hard work but meh.

    However during this journey.... There was a bump... Bump... Oiiiiiinnnnnnkkk. We ran over a pig. Like full on ran it over. It ran away but can't imagine it will avoid the bacon stack for long.

    We got to our hotel where we could see the gangees from our balcony for £11 a night including breakfast. Deal noel. Very basic and showering in a bucket obvs!

    Late so we'll see what the hippie capital can deliver tomorrow.
    Read more