Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Leaving for the airport - easy, right?

    September 19, 2022 in England ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Up early (having been warned that road closures would be an issue) rushed to get to the Hoppa bus (having sensibly bought our tix the night before). Queue. Not like the Queen’s queue, but still a queue. Being one of the last stops before the airport we found out the previous bus had been jammed. Looked at watch. Uumm. Couple ahead of us peals off having booked an Uber. Thinks …… if the next bus is also jammed we’ll miss our three hour arrival plan. Stress. So near and yet so far. Decided to also get a cab, and the eagle eyed (and eared) Julie & Kev straight away asked if they could come in with us so we could share. Deal done.
    Someone in the ‘queue’ heard we had our sensibly bought Hoppa tix and within a blink, a deal had been struck and tix offloaded (full asking price).
    Eventually we secured a cab, after a couple of false starts. Off we go. Terminal 2 is very near, but there is a (yes) queue to drop passengers off. We get there fairly easily, however, and defo quicker than the ill-fated Hoppa. We say good bye to our new buddies (having swopped FB details) and the rest of the check in, baggage and boarding were straightforward.
    Read more