Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    The Lakes District

    December 26, 2019 in England ⋅ 🌧 3 °C

    We woke to a pretty quite town outside. Everyone was starting a little late after Christmas Day. We wandered down the street and found a great cafe for brekky, before exploring the shops. We nearly had to call an ambulance when an old local took a tumble onto the road right in front of us! He was adamant he was ok so we helped him to his feet and some more local people kept a close eye on him as he made his way back to the local retirement village.
    We perused Beatrix Potter world briefly but it wasn’t long before we were craving those amazing rolling hills again. So we jumped back in little blue and hit the road. We simply just followed our noses. Tunring left and right which ever way looked nicer. It wasn’t long before we were out of reception and following narrow farms tracks through the valleys. This was possibly one of the best days ever, exploring this vast and beautiful wilderness. We found a great spot on top of a massive hill. The fresh air and quiet stillness was really so relaxing.

    With daylight running out we decided to head back. We found a random pub full of hikers and stopped for a bite to eat and drink before making our way back to the town.

    Tomorrow we were going to make tracks for Scotland!
    Read more