Satellite
  • Day 139

    Things just got serious!

    September 5, 2015 in Laos ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    After spending the day with the elephants we visited the Tad Sae waterfalls (see previous post).

    We climbed up to the highest tier, where we stood half submerged in the warm water that flowed past to began its tumbling descent. The sun flickered through the green canopy and the other tourists drifted away to leave just the two of us with the sound of the water.

    It was at this moment that Alex proposed to Kim and she said yes!

    Alex did not have a ring to give Kim as the logistics of buying and keeping one safely stowed during months of backpacking was precarious, so we will chose a ring together once we are home. However in the interim we decided to look for an alternative to bind the occasion.

    After dinner we wandered through the night market, stopping at the various jewellery shops and stands in search of a ring. As it turns out, it was fortunate that Alex did not try to buy a ring on his own before proposing, as Kim has very slim fingers and almost all of the rings she tried on were too big! Eventually it was a simple ring of emerald green that fit and now sits upon her finger.

    It really was one of the best days.
    Read more