Satellite
  • Day 23

    Mama Im Coming Home

    August 18, 2018 in England ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    A busy day in the city today. Tabby wanted to buy a few dresses for work,presents for her workmate, a present for Damon and some books as clothes for the kids. I was not in the mood for shopping as I have the flu and it has put a full stop on my mojo and the urge to even look in the shops. I mainly held the shopping and sat with Ollie as he had no great desire to shop either. We got into town about lunchtime and after four hours of frantic shopping we hauled the newly purchased items back to the car park. The car park was a filthy,derelict looking building. It smelt of urine and we were surprised to only see a dozen cars cars parked on a Saturday afternoon. I though they must all be home watching football. It was a strange feeling being in a nearly empty carpark on a weekend. It would never happen in Perth.

    TRAVEL GUIDE
    Coventry is a city in central England. It’s known for the medieval Coventry Cathedral, which was left in ruins after a WWII bombing. A 20th-century replacement, with abstract stained glass, stands beside it. The collection at the Herbert Art Gallery & Museum includes paintings of local heroine Lady Godiva. A statue of her, naked on horseback, is nearby. The 14th-century St. Mary’s Guildhall has a vaulted crypt.

    Weather: 18 °C, Wind SW at 8 mph (13 km/h), 83% Humidity Coventry has had three Cathedrals in the past 1000 years: the 12th century Priory Church of St Mary, the medieval Parish Church Cathedral of St Michael and the modern Coventry Cathedral, also named for St Michael.
    Celebrated as the UK's favourite 20th century building, Coventry Cathedral is known all over the world as a beautiful and unique venue. Designed by architect Sir Basil Spence following the bombing of the city in 1940.

    In the evening we had to repack our bags for our trip home via Paris and Dubai. It has been a frantic three weeks and the strain of being on the move constantly is taking its toll on Tabby. She is tired and a bit cranky at times. Not the lovely fun girl of old. But she is middle aged now so maybe I am expecting too much. But she never looks really happy. I mean genuinely happy. I have decided to not annoy her and keep out of her way. I am not expecting too many visits when I am in the nursing home. She always has far too much else going on. It is her life and all you want for your children is for them to be good people and happy in whatever they choose to do in life. The kids watched SHREK IV and then it was time to head up to the attic with Ollie and sleep. Goodnight diary....xxxxxx
    Read more