Satellite
  • Day 8

    Adare Manor ♥️

    November 14, 2019 in Ireland ⋅ ☀️ 5 °C

    We spent the last two nights living it up at Adare Manor, complete with way too much food, estate walks, chess, clay pigeon shooting, and a lot of relaxation. This place is stunning and we lucked out and had two beautifully sunny days to explore the grounds (840 acres!).

    Adare Manor was built in 1832 by the Dunraven family (Earl of Dunraven that is) and over the more recent years turned into a luxury hotel and golf course (planned home for the Ryder cup 2026!). It is full of charm and cute nooks and crannies to hang out in, such as the cute cozy cocktail bar in the basement, or the drawing room complete with chess and shelves of books. And each room had a fire going!

    We spent our time lounging in the room, complete with fancy automated blinds and Avenger movies :) we were also lucky enough to get to go clay pigeon shooting! Which believe or not, we were pretty good at! Our instructor was fantastic and we spent the hour learning the best way to hold the double barrel shotgun and the different types of sport shooting events (and trying them out ourselves!) A lot of fun!

    Also along the grounds we got to check out the walled gardens, the river along the golf course, faerie Forest, and the sweetest pet resting place ♥️

    We capped off our second night with a dinner at the oak room! Oh my so much food, so good. It just received a Michelin star and it did not disappoint! Here was our many many courses:
    1. Welcome champagne
    2. Canapies: oyster with a zingy sauce, truffle goat cheese puffs (there is a fancy name for this but I don't remember!), and ??
    3. Beet salad with horseradish ice cream
    4. Raviolo with some tasty cream sauce
    5. Scallop
    6. Monk fish with caviar
    7. Duck with lentils and potatoes (main course at #7?!)
    8. Cheese plate - hand selected from 14 different cheeses, with truffle infused honey 😭
    9. Plum ice cream
    10. More dessert: macaroon, Adare chocolates, and frozen lollipop
    11. Seriously even more dessert - anniversary chocolate cake
    12. Food coma forever, good night 💤
    Read more