Satellite
  • Day 8

    Cali city tour

    May 21, 2015 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    And another day of feeding me up: when I arrived in the morning in Cali and in the house of Diana's family and of her husband William, I had some eggs with lots of bread. After only 3 hours, it was already lunchtime and Diana's mum served a enormous portion of sancocho: a huge plate with rice, chicken, yuca and potatoes, accompanied by a soup (same size) with yuca, plantain, potatoes, auyama and arracacha. I couldn't even eat half of it, which was pretty sad because this food is delicious!!!
    Then, William and I headed out to do some sightseeing. Using the motorbike, we already saw most of the city in one day: the center, the cat monument, Cristo del Rey (a monument on a hill with a spectacular view), San Antonio (a romantic little neighborhood) and Loma de la Cruz, where people sell handicraft and today there were lessons of Afro-Colombian dances of an indigenous group from Valle del Cauca.
    During the afternoon I tried more Colombians specialties: aguapanela con queso (water of cane sugar with cheese...how expected really weird), maduro con queso (grilled plantain with cheese) and cholados (fruits and crushed ice with a sweet sauce and condensed milk) - a literally “FULL“ day.
    Read more