Satellite
  • Day 33

    Moorea, French Polynesia

    January 16, 2015 in French Polynesia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    This has to be the most beautiful island I have ever seen. It is the definition of a South Pacific Island. Maybe Bora Bora will be better but it will take some effort. We pulled in through a very small opening in the reef and settled into a bay with steep sheer green cliffs rising straight up. The land was so lush. We taxied over to a little hotel beach on the Tahiti side of the island and everyone agreed it was some of the best snorkeling anywhere. We had great weather all morning and then the rains came hard and socked the whole side of the island in. Not a big deal though as it is hot and the rain feels kind of good and it dries almost as soon as you step inside so it didn't do much to our mood since we were through snorkeling and needed to find a place to eat anyway. We ate the hotel and it wasn't near as expensive as some people make it out to be. It could have been that our expectations were so high that reality was better then our imaginations. We came back home are napping watching it rain. You can't even see those beautiful mountains that were so pretty when we came in.
    Tonight we are going over the Papeete, Tahiti. Just 11 miles or so away. It will be our first overnight port and we are looking forward to see what a Friday night on the town will be like.
    Read more