Satellite
  • Day 19

    Tekapo, NZ

    June 23, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 6 °C

    Take a poo.

    That's what we had to tell Cat to stop her calling it Tepako. Tekapo actually means 'sleeping mat night', which is momentarily interesting, not very meaningful and swiftly forgotten. Take a poo, much better.

    Dark night reserve and bright day beauty, this place is just wow!

    We've got the ground floor of a two storey house, self contained, new, warm, clean and with a view of the lake. The sun won't stop shining until the earth spins out the stars and leaves us hung jawed and crook necked gazing into the abyss. Incredible. It's like I had a star for every time Cat told me she was freezing. Which this time, was a fair and accurate comment, given it was minus three out.

    I was keen to learn more, but as Corona virus would have it, nobody was available to teach. Thus Cat the astronomy hater was off the hook and it was hot pools instead.

    We did have an amazing walk up and around Mt John, after John Hay, earlier that day which was just spectacular. And much longer than anticipated. And muddy. And icy. But no falls!

    Working again, but this time with a view to die for! And running too, down river beds, past dams and culverts, over snowy golf courses with Mckenzies finest back drop: the alps. How good. Lucky us.

    I'll let the pictures say the rest.
    Read more