Satellite
  • Day 4

    Crazy Caracas - Thursday

    March 9, 2017 in Venezuela ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Another strange day in this crazy city...
    on Thursday I spent most of the day Hungover on the couch, drifting in and out of sleep, I felt terrible. Meanwhile Joel and everyone from the night before were somehow at work like normal!
    That afternoon Joel was told by the police that his bike had been recovered, so he drove down to the station to get it, but no bike. There was a mix-up and it was somewhere else, so Joel left only to find within the space of 5 minutes his car had been towed. A typical day in Caracas...
    Late that afternoon He picked me up and we went to the international school where they all work. I met his work friends, ex-wife and his lovely kids, Sid and Pearl. We looked around and had a kick-abount in the playground, before heading to an incredible steakhouse restaurant.. the food was amazing, and so cheap thanks to the exchange rate...
    After, we dropped the kids off and went to pick up a Venezuelan friend - Sergio. Long story short, Joel and Sergio met on the subway 2 years ago and have been friends ever since. Sergio is a young, educated, trilingual physiotherapist who was doing very well and lives in a nice place. However, thanks to the inflation and major problems in Venezuela, he has very few clients now, so no money or food, and he often goes hungry...
    Anyway he's a really cool guy, we bought him some food and he stayed with us in the flat. We chilled out and watched a hilarious film called Vacation. By the time it finished, my sides hurt...
    Read more