Satellite
  • Day 70

    Lucerne Switzerland

    July 17, 2022 in Switzerland ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Located right in the center of Switzerland, Lucerne is not only a beautiful city worth experiencing, it’s also a great base from which to explore the rest of Switzerland as the city is very well connected to the rest of the country by an efficient railway system.

    One of the most famous landmarks of Lucerne is the Chapel Bridge, which was built in the 14th century and is said to be the oldest bridge of its kind in Europe. As it’s a popular landmark, there are several tour groups that take tourists on a walking tour of the bridge, complete with stories and pictures of medieval life in Lucerne. The other popular landmark of Lucerne is undoubtedly the Dying Lion of Lucerne, built after the French Revolution to commemorate the Swiss Guards who gave up their lives during the war.

    The Lucerne Lakefront district is very picturesque, situated in the heart of alstadt (old town). We sampled some of the trafitional Swiss dishes and beers here. Much of the food had a german influence and german was the predominate language of Lucerne, with eastern Switzerland speaking german and western speaking french. This was a beautiful small city and one that should not be missed.
    Read more