Satellit
  • Lionstone Inn (motel)

    21. Juni 2016 in Kanada ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    As you guys know there's a front coming through. Showers are predicted here in the evening. Perfect excuse to stop early. It was a tough day and I'm glad to stop. I'm at a motel in town and did a double take - no a/c! Man, I paid $99 cn for the last place (did I mention some rooms had Jacuzzis?) and $79 cn here.

    Since I stopped early I tried to make the most of it. I went to the laundromat in town. It didn't have a change machine or soap vending machine! Furthermore, there was a sign that said "regularly the water here gets brown and will ruin your clothes" and if you don't run the water in the sink it's your fault. Holey crap.

    Here's a fun part of travel. The laundry machines didn't take quarters, exactly. The small washers take "2 loonies". Looks funny on the sign. That made the roll of quarters I got was doubly useless.

    What else happened today? I can't remember. Just the wind made riding pretty unpleasant, and combined with bad sleep the day before made for a poor day. After lunch, traveling on Sunrise Drive where it was warmer and little wind, I felt way better. Now I'm waiting for these little showers to pass (the roads are already dry) and I'm going back to town to find locals to talk to.
    Weiterlesen