Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 264

    Bramble Reef

    September 21, 2023 ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    We woke up early, so we could head out to Bramble Reef for a day of fishing and snorkelling.

    On the way out to Bramble Reef, mum spotted a pod of dolphins, they were so playful and they were following our boat.

    Once we got out to the reef, we could not wait to start fishing. We all were catching heaps of little fish, but nothing big. After fishing for a while, we headed into the reef for a snorkel and spear fish. I was so excited to go spear fishing, I jumped straight in even though there were a few sharks lurking around. After two hours of spear fishing and getting nothing, mum and dad dragged us out of the water, as we had to go find somewhere to camp for the night.

    On the way back to Orpheus Island, mum spotted some bust ups. So we quickly turned around and headed back towards them, while dad set up the rods. It only took a few minutes of trawling and we hooked on to a Spanish mackerel. It was only 80cm (a baby), but it was still delicious.

    We spent the night anchored at Orpheus Island. Dad was especially happy because he finally caught a mackerel in our new boat.
    Read more