Lessons learnedJuly 19, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C
It was a fabulous time, and there are always some tidbits you learn along the way...These included, but were not limited to the following:
1) “Mr Corn”, a fried, dehydrated corn snack, may just be the best gas station snack...ever.
2) You can not ever have too much Tinto de verano (soda and wine), Caña con limon (beer with lemon), Fanta (both lemon and orange), or Pimientos de Padrón (grilled Shishito-like peppers).
3) Before Spain: Airplane toilets are so tiny.
After Spain: Airplane bathrooms are so roomy! And they have toilet seats!
4) Maybe buy the car insurance😂 and/or don’t set the Euro GPS to “shortest distance”.
5) Always get the second martini...you will regret it when you realize it was only 2.50€!
6) You CAN sweat when you are not hot.
7) In the same vein as the “canary in the coal mine”, always designate a “pigeon for the parking garage” in which the navigator gets OUT of the car and CHECKS the path before you drive it.
8) Check the Wi-Fi and the potty before deciding on a dining establishment.
9) There will always be stairs...even if there is an elevator, there will be stairs to the elevator.
10) Pack the Pepto Bismol. Pack ALL the Pepto. Apparently alcohol can’t kill everything😂Read more