LESSONS & TIPSMay 26, 2016 in the United States
1. Understand Currency of countries.
2. Look into transportation from A to B.
3. If possible book bus, train and plane reservations
before travel. (Keep in mind some will not show.
May need to wait a month before travel.
4. Travel Light (if possible)
5. Always arrive at least 2 hours earlier for train, bus
6. Buy small souveniers. Ship larger and fragile
7. Take currency of money being used or use credit
card for larger purchases.
1. Use clothing cubes for packing. (Keeps you
organized and easy to find items)
2. Use soaps, shampoos, conditioners from hotels to
keep weight down in suitcase.
3. Use document holder for your Passports.
4. Use a folder for your itineraries, plane tickets,
tours. (Mine was seperated by country)
5. Make a list of the places you want to see and
6. If possible, purchase tickets of tours ahead
especially if they are on your "MUST SEE" list.
7. When reserving your hotel ask if they offer tours
from their hotel. We were able to buy our tickets
for the Sound of Music tour and obtain our tickets
at the same time we checked in. Pick-up was
available as well.
8. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
9. Get a MASSAGE somewhere along your trip❣
10. Schedule your time. Don't RUSH. Enjoy!
What We Loved about our Trip:
1. Weather was perfect 98% of the time.
2. We were there before TOURIST SEASON really hit.
3. It was nice and GREEN.
4. People were very nice and welcoming.
5. Food, Wine and Beer.
6. You can use as much water as you want.
7. Hotels we stayed at were CLEAN.
8. We were within walking distance for most of
the sights we wanted to see.
9. We loved trying new foods.
10. Loved we could drink and had transportation.
11. Enjoyed renting a car and driving in Germany.
12. In each hotel we had our OWN Bathroom.
13. There were STARBUCKS is all the countries
14. NO DELAYS in transportation.
15. We were gone 23 days instead of the 10 we
originally were going to take. 😉
16. That SALZBURG is still as Beautiful and still
17. All the BREAD
18. The tasty CHOCOLATE
19. Foods are Healthier.
20. Clean, Fresh air.
What we didn't like so much on our vacation:
1. The Toilet Paper. (Mary)
2. The Pillows (John)
3. Not having an elevator at one of our hotels.
4. The organization of tours at the Vatican.
5. The trash around some streets in Rome.
6. Munich, Germany
7. Graffiti. But that's just part of being a
8. Having to pay to use the TOILET. EVERYWHERE.
They call them WC or Toilets instead of
bathrooms. But they still understand. They are
9. Bathrooms were always downstairs.
10. No Refills on drinks. A lot of the PLACES.
(Luckily BEER is inexpensive)
Marys Favorite Places:
1. Salzburg, Austria
2. Prague, Czech Republic
3. Krakow, Poland
John's Favorite Places:
1. Italy. (Tuscany & Amalfi)
2. Krakow, Poland
3. Copenhagen, DenmarkRead more