Satellite
  • Day 4

    Beijing, China (again)

    October 4, 2014 in China ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    So I met up with David for a drink and he was already at the hostel bar with his new dorm mate from NZ. OK this is the start of a trend but I don't remember anyone's names. I'm just going to call them by their country.

    Anyway this guy from NZ turns out to be a Newcastle fan which is great as they are the only team worse than Liverpool (currently, I'm hoping we can turn things around). The reason being his dad is from Scotland. Yeah I was confused too. So he also supports Rangers. Seriously? How can it get any worse than that?

    So boys being boys there was a bit of footy banter then suddenly there's something poking me in face. Thank God it was a pen and nothing more sinister. And before you know it I have two drawings of a dick on my face. I was attacked by a (very attractive) Danish girl. One of the many drawbacks being bald is your susceptible to pen rape. She was a good sport and let me draw something back. And I actually think my penis looked better (I'll try to get a picture from NZ guy). There were so many Danes in this place. Before we knew they were Danes, NZ guy thought they were British. Probably because they looked like chavs and we're off their face. Bloody racist!

    Anyway we ended up talking to some other people at the bar and played 21 which I got wrong everytime. I'm an accountant people! How does someone like me get a job in that profession?

    So as I mentioned before I'm terrible with names so this paragraph will only be descriptive. In this group we joined, was an English girl who enforced every single drinking rule. There was no grey area. So much so I kept calling her games master and I no longer know her real name. I'm not well versed with Harry Potter but this girl looked liked Hermione and the personality was fitting. This is what every drinking game needs otherwise there is utter chaos. Anyway we played a few rounds and moved onto ring of fire. All in all a really fun evening but can't remember anyone's name so breakfast could be awkward.
    Read more