🏔️🧗🏃🏾🌍✈️🚉🤘🏼 Message
  • Day18

    Day 18🇧🇪🇳🇱

    August 7 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    So today is a special day. It’s our last day travelling and we wanted to make the most of it.
    We woke up in Antwerp and walked to the train station in the cold so we could catch the train to Amsterdam. We are flying out of Amsterdam to Athens at 16:40. We arrived in Amsterdam at 10:00, left our luggage in a locker in the train station and started walking around town. There were a few souvenirs we wanted to buy for some friends and family, and I also wanted to go to the cheese Deli we visited on Friday and buy cheese for my dad😋. So that’s what we did.
    After a while, Lampros had talked to a friend from Greece who lives in Amsterdam, Dimitris and they arranged for a quick coffee together. It was super nice to meet him, he talked to us about life in the Netherlands and how he also loves mountains and expeditions like Lampros. Maybe we see them together up a mountain on day🤔🤫!
    After saying goodbye to Dimitris, we had booked tickets for the Van Gogh museum at 12:45 (I know, risky time for a museum and arriving at the airport in time). We sort of rushed through the exhibition, but I sort of already knew which paintings I wanted to see so I didn’t really mind (although I always take HOURS in museums this was an exception). We saw the famous bedroom, the sunflowers, the almond blossom and read about Van Gogh’s life and troubled mind. Even though he was such a troubled personality his paintings feel so happy and vibrant.
    After the museum we were running to the train station so we can arrive on time at the airport. We couldn’t figure out the metro tickets but in the end everything went okay. Arriving at the station we ran to our locker, put our rucksacks on and rushed to the nearest train that left for the airport. This part was a disaster…two trains that were going to the airport had been canceled , and after sitting in one that was suppose to leave they announced us that that one wasn’t leaving either due to a broken part. The time was passing so we had to cross a lot of platforms to get to the next train…that eventually left the station and went to the airport. Arriving at the airport was super confusing - it’s such a big airport and we were desperately looking for our desk to check in our rucksacks. Eventually we found that as well, but the time was already 15:00 and we were suppose to be boarding at 16:00😬.
    We quickly ran to a security line and thankfully the time estimated for that was around 15-20 minutes. When we were through security, we started feeling a bit more calm. We found our gate, sat there and waited to be boarded. Boarding was late for about 40 minutes, the flight was fine and arriving to Athens was only 15 minutes late.
    We were a bit worried our luggage wouldn’t have got here since everyone these days looses or had delayed suitcases, but thankfully that worked out as well. My mum was waiting for us outside, and my dad was in the car. We were super happy to see them, and we all went for a souvlaki on our way back.
    This trip taught us a lot of things, how to be more patient, how to respect each other needs and wants, not to stress over things you cannot change and to enjoy every single minute.
    Adios amigos, see you on the next adventure!
    Read more

  • Day17

    Day 17 🇧🇪 🇱🇺

    August 6 in Luxembourg ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    This morning we woke up in Antwerp. Again, a very early morning cause we had a big day of travelling ahead of us!
    We took the train at 6:45 for Luxembourg🇱🇺. We had to change 4 trains in order to get there, and a total of 5hours. The morning in Antwerp was super cold, Luxembourg wasn’t so hot either. We arrived there after sleeping on most of the trains, walked around town for a bit, got a couple of souvenirs and tried to find something to eat. After that we walked back to the station cause we had another 5h ride to Antwerp. We don’t want to be to late to arrive at the hostel cause we have an early morning tomorrow too, so we started our travelling - making a stop in Liege. Liege has a very pretty train station - that’s also a reason we stopped there, not just for the train ride. After arriving there we had another hour before getting to Antwerp. So we were looking where to eat, were to have a walk and how we would get back to our hostel. We decided on noodles, walk around the opera street and then walk or use a rental motor scooter..and we used only one, nearly falling off but we managed. Back at the hostel we had our usual showers and went to bed. Early rising again…Goodnight!!Read more

  • Day16

    Day 16!🇩🇪🇳🇱🇧🇪

    August 5 in Belgium ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    A day with three flags? Yes, that’s what it is!
    We woke up in Dortmund, Germany with Sotiris. He insisted on making us a slice of bread with butter and jam for breakfast even though it was super early again (5:45 to be exact). It felt just like home - I told him that’s what my mum does in the mornings too 😂.
    We took the train at 6:45 for Amsterdam, the Netherlands. We got to Amsterdam at 11:00. Stepping outside of the train station was chaotic, but first glance of the town seamed beautiful already. We started walking in the tourist shops to get our magnets and postcards and had a snack of fried potatoes with cheese sauce. We thought we’d do most of Amsterdam today because we’ll be back on Sunday again, but will be rushing for our flight. So we walked into town, the famous nine streets where is full of canals and boats that take you on rides. All I could see were beautiful shops with antiques and posters, my favourite kind of shop. Also there are a lot of flowers around, and tulips that are their national flower. I really wanted to visit the Anne Frank museum but the tickets have been pre booked and I couldn’t find any🥲 I’ll have to come back for that one..we did however find tickets to the Van Gogh Museum, but they are on Sunday as well. So we thought it would be a good idea to go to the shop today instead of Sunday, so I can enjoy my shopping😂. Beautiful shop, I’m sure I’ll be in it again on Sunday.
    After that we went looking for a snack and stopped at the “Amsterdam cheese deli” that had delicious sandwiches and pastries.😋 definitely our packed lunch on Sunday is from there.
    Boarded the train and headed for our third country for the day, Brussels, Belgium. Brussels where very cold and crowded but a beautiful city. We saw all the famous chocolate shops that sell Belgian chocolate and admired the pretty windows. There’s also a big square with beautiful old buildings. In Brussels is the building of the European Parliament, so we walked to that too. Not a special building from the outside but a special place for all Europeans. We had pizza at a restaurant and then boarded a train to where our hostel was, Antwerp, Belgium. When we got there everything was closed and empty. We arrived quickly at our Hostel which was a lot lot nicer that we expected. It felt like a hotel with it’s nice decor. We found our room with the help of the girl at the reception desk, left our rucksacks, went up to the rooftop of the hostel for a quick explore and then headed for our showers and our sleep.✌🏼 goodnight from Antwerp!
    Read more


    κανονικά κρέπες και βάφλες έπρεπε! 🧇🥞 την επόμενη φορά 😍


    Next tiiimeee✌🏼


    Chocolate shops paradise!


    You would’ve loved it!

  • Day15

    Day 15🇩🇪

    August 4 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Early morning in Bremen!
    We woke up at 5:45, and had to catch the 6:40 train to Dortmund! We bought breakfast and waited for the train. We arrived in Dortmund two hours later, where Sotiris was waiting for us!
    It was super nice to see him again, especially in the city he’s been for almost a year now. We took the tram to his house so we could leave our rucksacks and then we rushed to the Signal Iduna Park, the home stadium of Borrusia Dortmund, the largest in Germany and fifth largest in Europe. Sotiris had booked us tickets a couple of days back when we’d said we’d be visiting.
    It was indeed a very nice experience, especially for Lampros since he’s so into football teams and thrilled to visit. The first walk into the stadium was breathtaking. The amount of seats it had are hard to see since they’re so far up and over 81.000!
    We walked along and then into the locker rooms of the current players. Each player has his seat and name/photo over it. Then we walked back onto the field, where we got to sit on the benches where the players wait during the match. After that, the tour had finished and we walked around the gift shop. Next stop was Dortmund city centre. It was a very hot day, so we sat and enjoyed the shade at Sotiris favourite cafe, and chatted to catch up on our news. We then walked around a few shops and went into a classic traditional pub to have lunch. The food there was D e l i c i o u s😍. We really really enjoyed our lunch and then headed for the “Dortmunder U” building - it used to be a beer factory but now it’s turned into an exhibition centre. We walked to the top and saw the view of the city, then around a few exhibitions, and eventually decided to go back to Sotiri’s place - but before getting there we made a quick stop at an artificial lake that’s been made out of an old mine site. It’s called Phoenix - See.
    When getting to Sotiris house, we all had showers, sat around and played some games and then eventually fell asleep. It was so nice of him to have us over and it felt like just like the days when we were in university. Super excited to visit again (with Xrysa this time).❤️
    Read more


    Είμαι πολύ χαρούμενος που είμαι ένα κομμάτι αυτού του ταξιδιού. Η ημέρα μας ήταν μαγική! Σας περιμένω ξανά, είστε πάντα ευπρόσδεκτοι. 😍 Bis bald! 🇩🇪


    Σύντομα πάλι ❤️


    Did you save me some!



  • Day14

    Day 14 🇳🇴 🇩🇪

    August 3 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Today we woke up in Oslo, Norway. A few days ago we had booked a flight from Oslo to Hamburg, in order to avoid train delays between the Hamburg Copenhagen trip and also the enormous amount of time it would take to get back to Germany (a train ride from Oslo to Hamburg could take up to 17h the least). Since the plane ticket wasn’t that expensive either, we thought that would be a good idea for us to do.
    So we woke up, walked to the train station and got on an early train to the airport so we could eat breakfast there and wait for our flight. We got quite early but that didn’t bother us since we thought we would check our luggage in and be able to walk around after passing security. But the desk wasn’t open till just 2h before the flight. We had coffees and a snack to eat and waited to check in. After security, we walked around the duty free and bought Norwegian salmon and pittes for our snack when we get back to Hamburg (we thought it was a must since we hadn’t eaten any salmon these past days and you can’t go to a Scandinavian country without trying!).
    Our flight was on time, we had three seats to ourselves and it was very pleasant. Getting to Hamburg we felt the heat straight away (it was lovely and cold and rainy all these days!!). So we both took our jackets off as soon as we landed 😂.
    Our luggage was a bit late which bothered us since we wanted to board a train to Bremen as soon as possible and get to the hostel we had booked for the night. We eventually took the train, and the ride was 1h 30m. Getting to the hostel was fine, we checked in, left our luggage, eat our salmon snack and went on a walk into Bremen town. The town was lovely, with pretty buildings and also statues and drawings of a tale by the Grimm brothers that takes place there. It’s called the “Town musicians of Bremen” and it’s the story of four aging domestic animals, who after a lifetime of hard work are neglected and mistreated by their former masters. Eventually, they decide to run away and become town musicians in the city of Bremen.
    After walking around a bit we got hungry so went into a supermarket ReWe to find something to eat. They had hot food and a salad bar, so we helped ourselves to an artichoke/spinach/cheese/cream kind of soup (which smelled and tasted fantastic - I know, not a good idea for such a hot day but I couldn’t resist it) and Lampros opted for salad and chicken schnitzel. Went back to the hostel, eat our dinner, had showers and fell asleep cause we have a super early morning tomorrow!✌🏼
    Read more

  • Day13

    Day 13🇳🇴

    August 2 in Norway ⋅ 🌧 15 °C

    So as I said yesterday, we won’t wake up too early tomorrow…and that’s how it went!
    Since it doesn’t get dark very early in Norway, we weren’t rushing to catch the sunlight so decided to rest for a couple of hours and get our batteries going!
    Yesterday we had bought super market stuff for packed sandwiches, but since we weren’t going on a trip we packed our cheese, ham, bread, banana’s etc, and headed to the pier to eat our breakfast. We bought coffees and started making up our sandwiches - being super careful of the seagulls!
    After that we decided we would walk into town and visit the national gallery so we could see Edvard Munch’s painted “the scream”. Everybody thinks it’s Van Gogh but nope! Norwegian painter Edvard Munch - so “the scream” according to Munch, was inspired one day when he was out walking at sunset, and he 'heard the enormous, infinite scream of nature'. The painting's agonised face is widely identified with the angst of the modern person. I think a lot of people think it’s Van Gogh cause of the similar choices in color and maybe the sadness of their paintings. They were both alive around the same period of time (only 10 years apart in age - Van Gogh 1853 Much 1863!) and experimented in their paintings with feelings, dark thoughts and ways of expression through color. Overall the museum wasn’t that good though - they had loads of replicas of Ancient Greek statues (like Nice of Samothrake of Venus that are in the Louvre - as well as parts of Parthenon’s zwoforos that’s in British museum). Also Lampros didn’t like the modern stuff, he thinks there’s nothing behind the meaning of them (I get it but I’m too much of an art lover to fully stand by it!).
    After the museum the rain in Oslo got worse, so we decided to find some shopping malls to hand around. Once there we got coffees and thought we’d look into where we’ll be going on our last few days of travelling and most importantly where we will be flying back to Athens from. We spent a few hours planning and eventually got to the ends of things. Then went to eat something and slowly walked back to our Airbnb so we could have a calm night. Bought some more snacks for our breakfast just sat around for a bit. Showers, rucksacks loaded and clothes out for the morning, cause we have a plane to catch!
    Read more


    καταπληκτικη, υπεροχα εργα!!!


    ωραια βροχουλα, και εδω ζεστη.....


    Έχουμε δροσιστεί αρκετά!!!

  • Day12

    Day 12🇩🇰🇳🇴

    August 1 in Norway ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Happy August!
    We woke up early in the morning in Copenhagen. Stamos wanted to get up with us too so he could start bus day cause he had some work left behind since we were there visiting. So early risers we were!
    We took leftover pastries from yesterday’s breakfast, wore our rain coats since it was drizzling, got out of the zoo to find 2 donkey bicycles to rent and cycle to the train station! We got “Moonshine” and Lampros doesn’t remember his bicycle’s name, said goodbye to Stamos and went off into Copenhagen to reach the main train station. Promise to come back soon Stamo!
    Bike ride was very pretty since the roads were almost completely empty, and it was raining a tiny bit so made things more fun and thrilling. So what if we get wet?
    Our train was leaving at 6:19 with final destination being Oslo, Norway. In order to get there we had to change 3 trains.
    We found where to leave our rented bicycles, bought a cup of coffee and boarded the train. By the time the train had crossed the bridge to Malmö, I had eaten my pastries, drank my coffee and slept for the rest of the ride till the first stop. First stop was Goteborg, we walked around the station for a bit and then boarded the next train to Rygge. That train thought had an hours delay, because just half an hour after we had started the journey, there was an accident in a station ahead of us and we had to wait. Again, we just slept most of the way and played a couple of board games (word find, crosswords, sudoku etc). Getting to Rygge, we had to get on a bus because the train tracks were under construction and couldn’t go any further. So our last travel was by bus, from Rygge to Oslo.
    About an hour later we had arrived in Oslo, capital of Norway. We found our Airbnb, left our rucksacks and went off into town. We wanted to go the train station in order to book some tickets for the next day - a train ride from Myrdal to Flam, a scenic route in the Norwegian mountains - but unfortunately they were all booked which made Lampros quite sad. I promised we would come again and he will eventually get to see the wonderful scenery he wants.
    After that we walked into town, got curry to eat at a food festival (expensive food in Norway - one portion of butter chicken with a few naan breads cost 20€), and then to the dock to have a beer. We were a bit tired by then, so headed back to the Airbnb for showers and sleep. I couldn’t believe that it never gets dark in Norway, it was 23:00 and there was still light!
    We won’t get up too early tomorrow, and we’ll try and see what we can do with our day in Oslo.
    Read more

  • Day11

    Day 11🇩🇰🇸🇪

    July 31 in Sweden ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    We woke up in Copenhagen and Stamos bought us traditional danish breakfast - that consists of bread with poppy seeds, butter, cheese and jam. After that you eat something semi-sweet and lastly the sweet pastry with cinnamon and sugar. It takes some time, but it’s a good breakfast (and a super tasty one too!).
    Today we wanted to go to Malmö, a town opposite Copenhagen but it’s Sweden. In order to go the train crosses a bridge Lampros really wanted to see. So we took Stamos’s two bicycles and rented another one so we could get to the central train station. I rented pineapple for this time and it was super easy to use!
    Got to the train station, boarded the train and off we went to Malmö!
    It’s a quick ride of nearly 40minutes so we snoozed on the way there. Arriving we started walking in town, got a few souvenirs and headed to find some coffee and anything else we wanted to see. We ended up in king’s park, a very pretty park with a river and a lake. We walked through there and came out to the seaside! There there was a bridge called the “titanic lock bridge” and it looks like the front of the ship where Rose and Jack have the famous scene taken. Couples leave love locks on there too, that’s why it’s called lock bridge.
    After walking for a bit, we had coffees and then decided to head back to the central station and go explore Copenhagen.
    Getting to Copenhagen I had to rent a new bike since Pineapple had been rented by someone else. Then we rode into the city, found a souvenir shop and had a traditional hot dog. We then rode into the touristy side of the city with the iconic coloured houses. Great photo opportunities here!😂
    After that, I really wanted to visit the little mermaid statue, since she’s my favourite Disney princess and Hans Christian Andersen’s fairytale is one of my favourite also. So we rode another 15’ to that, and sat there admiring the pretty statue. They say there’s nothing much to it, but I really wanted to go and I actually enjoyed it too.
    We were getting hungry by then, so decided to go eat some all you can eat sushi. Stamos made the mistake and order 3 times of what we thought would’ve been just a portion of 3, but we managed to eat it all.
    By the end of the day we were all super tired so headed home for showers and sleep. We have an early morning ahead of us so we all need to rest. Goodnight!❤️
    Read more


    Super delicious


    Yeap, you would’ve liked it too!


    wow, amaaaazing 🥳🥳


    Soo, what are your plans for next year??❤️

    5 more comments
  • Day10

    Day 10, part 3!🇩🇰

    July 30 in Denmark ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Then we walked around the safari area, and up to the best part of the day. The Rhinos.🦏
    At first the mum rhino wasn’t super happy to see us, but her baby Moloto was being super cuddly. We patted him for some time and touched his skin and horn being careful of our hands not to get caught between the animal and the door. He wouldn’t want to harm us but if our hand got stuck between him and the door it would brake 😬. Then his dad came into the next compartment of the stable and he was also super cuddly and nice. I didn’t want to leave!! Our hands went black from all the dirt and mud they’d bathed in but it didn’t matter at all. Looking at those huge animals up close is spectacular and a once in a lifetime experience to spend some time with them. When we eventually left (cause I kept going up to them again and again😂) we went up the skyliner - a tall tower where you can see Copenhagen and the zoo from above. After that we went to the gift shop and got a few presents - Stamos bought me a Rhino cuddly
    toy so I can remember Moloto (like he did in Zurich with the seal we fed and petted, Inuit❤️).
    Lastly we went back to the office and the clinic where Stamos showed us the equipment he’ll have to take to Greenland with him in September in order to perform anaesthesia on the animals there. We also tried with the blow pipe (φυσοκάλαμο) and the gun and got good marks on the target! We’re going to Greenland with him in September😎🤪
    By that time we were all super tired so headed home to snack on something get some sleep. Big day tomorrow!
    A quick shout out to Stamos : thank you so much for all the experiences you’ve given us every time, the animal world is fantastic and our love for the animals grows more each time. ❤️ kisses to Moloto ❤️
    Read more


    What a fantastic experience


    Stamos always offers the best ❤️


    such nice memories 🙏


    Couldn’t be more happier 😍

    4 more comments
  • Day10

    Day 10 part 2!🇩🇰

    July 30 in Denmark ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    So after sitting for a little while in the office, Stamos took us to the kitchen and showed us the fridge and the freezer where they maintain all of the animals food. We took a box of apples and three small water melons and went on to feed the hippos!!!🦛
    There were three adult hippos, a dad, a mum and a daughter, and then a little baby one. As soon as they saw us with food they started coming towards us opening their huge mouths! It was funny to try and throw the apples in their mouths, and after the apples we gave them a watermellon each. There were people looking at the feeding and when we got our a lady asked Stamos if we’d payed something extra in order to do that cause she was interested in doing it too. He informed her that you can actually do it (which doesn’t happen in a lot of other zoos!) but she’d have to ask for info at a desk.
    This is going to be a big day so there’s going to be a part 3!!!
    Read more

Join us:

FindPenguins for iOSFindPenguins for Android