Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 31

    Cairns, Australia

    2 février ⋅ 🌬 84 °F

    As soon as we arrived in Cairns at 8:00AM, I walked to the city center and tried to find a hair salon. After stopping at 4 salons with no results….cant take without appointment, I found one. Nice haircut.

    I returned to the ship to get ready for our afternoon tour of the city. This is our third time in Cairns. First time we went snorkeling in Great Barrier Reef, second visit in 2020 weeks took a cable car to Kuranda.
    This time we are touring the city.

    Our first stop was St. Monica’s Cathedral This Heritage Listed cathedral, dedicated as a memorial to the Battle of the Coral Sea, houses 24 unique stained-glass windows depicting the creation story. They are reputably the largest themed stained-glass windows in the world.

    Our second stop was Cairns Museum. Offering a snapshot of region and its people,

    Then to botanical garden. The Cairns Botanic Gardens is a tropical paradise, renowned for having one of the best exhibitions of tropical plants in Australia.

    We spent 30-40 min in the garden. Definitely not enough. Next stop is a coffee shop for refreshments and scones, then overlook point.
    Back on the ship by 4:00PM.
    Quick shower after hot and humid day and dinner with cruise director.

    We have few days to rest before next port.
    Next port is Komodo Island. We are not planning to go ashore since we have seen dragons before.
    En savoir plus