Satellite
  • Buenos Aires, Argentina Viking Jupiter

    December 5, 2019 in Argentina ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    Buenos Aires. Viking Jupiter Rest Day on ship

    After a bit of a late-night last night at the opera we were slow getting off the mark this morning. In fact, we barely made it in time for breakfast before they closed the restaurant. There was a complimentary skin analysis, 20-minute session, “take a moment to get to know your skin better”. Lee decided to go and while they did do an analysis on her skin; it was pretty well a sales pitch for products that would help moisturize your skin; you’d think we’d know by now! There were several included tours of Buenos Aires that we could have taken but having spent several days there, we had already done all of them.
    We took a fair amount of time to wander around the ship and get to know it better, including finding the laundry room which is quite well equipped. Lee did a couple of loads of laundry as it wasn’t very busy.

    We thought there might be an “anchors away” celebration on deck so we went up with cocktails in hand but there was no celebration. Additionally, the ship was late in leaving due to traffic in the shipping channel, so we headed down to our pre-arranged dinner at one of the premium restaurants called the Chef’s Table. The menu there was a pre-set, five course “Xiang” Dinner that was a mixture of Asian cultural foods, with 5 wine pairings and it was delicious.

    After dinner we went to the Star Theatre to see a magician, Greg Moreland, perform. He was very good and very humorous. We wandered around a bit more, had a drink in one of the common areas and listened to a classical string duet. It was a great day to just chill out on the ship after a very busy couple of weeks. We finally packed it in for the night around 11:00.
    Read more