Satellite
  • Day 23

    Mykonos

    May 6, 2018 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    This Greek island is another port we have visited previously so we decided to walk around the town. All trip Brad had decided he was going for a swim at Mykonos but when the day arrived it was overcast and a little on the cool side. We wandered through Little Venice and to the windmills for the usual photos, then back through the narrow alleyways to the town beach area.... no-one swimming and Brad doesn't want to look like the only goose out there. (Actually, there were a couple of white geese swimming there - thought it a bit strange to see geese in salt water).

    Walked back through the narrow alleys to find a place to eat and while we were waiting for our meal, Brad announced " there is a pelican coming down the street". Sure enough, there was Patmos, a rather famous pelican that wanders around Mykonos, complete with his entourage of people. He walked right around the table where I was sitting and strangely he is a rather unusual shade of pale pink. We missed him last time so it was great to stumble across him even when we were not looking for him. I think he might be Patmos the third as a pelican has been wandering the streets of Mykonos for years.

    The day had warmed up and when we walked back to the town beach, Brad could see a couple of people having a swim so it looked as if he was going to get wet. I stayed on the shore and took photos as proof. He said it was cold at first but very salty. A satisfying day.
    Read more