Satellite
  • Day 242

    Day 5 - Kev's House

    November 30, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Today is my first ever birthday in the Southern Hemisphere which should mean only one thing, sunshine! Since I can remember, my birthday has always been a cold wet Autumn day however today boasted glorious blue skies and sunshine. The plan was to visit the little town of Berry and then hit up Jervis bay for some beach time.

    Berry is a small village very popular with tourists for its quirky shops, historical buildings and a rather yummy donut van. The donuts were freshly made, covered with cinnamon sugar and absolutely delicious! Suitably full we took a look around some shops whilst walking slowly back to the car. We carried on to Jervis bay where we parked up by the harbour and walked around to a quiet little beach. It was 29 degrees out so to cool off we got straight in the sea for a swim. The sea was turquoise, clear and the perfect temperature. After a little sunbathe to dry off it was then time for lunch at a chippy in town.

    This evening we planned to go to Eat Street which is a weekly food market in the centre of Wollongong. We all went our separate ways and ended up with paella, pizza, chicken burger and pulled pork burger which we ate whilst watching a chap singing with an acoustic guitar. Nice and full we then found a few bars to wet our whistles. Later on we headed back to Kevs to crack open some fizzy pink and have a little play on his decks.
    Read more