Satellite
  • Day 6

    I feel sorry for the staff

    November 21, 2014 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    The staff on this ship seem to be worked harder than on other ships.
    To my mind the main reason is because there are twice as many passengers as say the Independence ots, but definitely not twice as many staff.
    So the poor buggers on here are worked twice as hard.
    Take yesterday's breakfast for instance, as well as the normal breakfast guests, which is an almost full restaurant, there where about sixty or seventy extra families with loads of kids for the breakfast with the Dreamworks characters (which Royal charge about $100 per cabin for ) but no extra serving staff.
    So naturally the poor breakfast staff were run off their feet, making the service for the regular breakfast guests bad and slow, which leads to complaints and moaning from some of them.
    But the problem is with management, cutting costs, and saving money.
    Which I understand needs to be done to maximize profits for the shareholders.
    But not so much that it gives a drop in standards and service, which on this ship it is causing.
    Royal really need to up their game, and not have bean counters making all the important decisions.
    I'm certain that most of the Miami management have never travelled on a cruise ship as a normal passenger.
    Read more