Satellite
  • Day 18

    San Juan Puerto Rico

    November 15, 2013 in Puerto Rico ⋅ 🌧 25 °C

    Arrived in San Juan, at about 5.30am and we all had to clear US immigration before we could go ashore, that's 3600 passengers and 1500 crew.
    I must say that for Sheila and I it went quite smoothly, we were done and dusted in about 30 minutes, which for Homeland Security was quite good.
    The really good thing about it is that we don't have to clear immigration at Ft Lauderdale, just customs.
    Maz, Sue, Eva and Jim, were jumping a taxi to a shopping mall they knew, so not wanting to shop Sheila and I went for a stroll around the town in search of some wifi.
    We tried Burger King but connection was rubbish, so we walked down by the fort and found an ice cream parlour which have not only brilliant wifi but brilliant ice cream, well frozen yogurt actually.
    Sheila managed to phone the kids using Viber, and I checked some emails.
    We then strolled back to the ship passing the market and lovely sidewalk cafés,
    I like San Juan, it's one of my favourite ports of call.
    Even though we didn't do much this time, there is lots to see.
    One thing I usually do when here is walk to the cemetery at the top of the town, it's a beautiful and interesting place, with spectacular sea views.
    Read more