Satellite
  • Day 68

    Force 10 gales & footballers

    March 17, 2013, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    The title says it all, we've been tossed and thrown all over the place today, and it's due to continue tomorrow.
    Touch wood I've not been sick so it's not to bad, but there's time yet, lol.
    Going to see an ex Glasgow Rangers player speak tonight, his name is Gordon Smith.
    I have heard of him but don't know to much about him.
    If he's half as good as Duncan McKenzie he'll be great....I'll keep you informed later.....
    It's now later and I've been to see Gordon Smith, he was very good and had some interesting and very funny stories.
    I think that the thing that makes footballers stories so good is that they are talking about an occupation that most blokes would love to have been able to take up.
    He has through the Scottish FA, been involved with FIFA and had a good insight in to the running of international football.
    After the talk I picked Sheila up from the cabin, went for something to eat, then off to bed as the theatre entertainment was canceled due to the weather.
    I thought this a bit strange as the act was a ventriloquist, and not a singer and dancer.
    I didn't think a vent would be bothered by a bit of swaying, bit there you go, what do I know......lol
    Read more