Satellite
  • Day 15

    Day 14 Wallace Ranch, Tx - Foss, OK

    June 9, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 70 °F

    Day 14 Wallace Ranch, Texas - KOA, Foss, Oklahoma
    Miles - 102
    Number of trucks that honked - 5
    Winds speed all day - 30

    Well back to the normal routine.I woke up at 4:45am and got ready. The time to have our luggage out by the van was 6:00am. Breakfast was 6:30am and we pulled out of the Wallace Ranch at 7:20am. Vela prepared scrambled eggs. I had cereal and bananas. We drove to Pampa. Texas and met up with the rest of the #CC2C team.

    Two new fellows joined us. Tony and Tim. While they were getting all geared up and the mics on, Neil walked into the convenience gas station store and started talked to the gal. She shared her story how she has lived in Pampa most of her life and how she lost a child through an accident.

    It was extremely windy ALL day. 30 miles an hour. It was pretty scary for me, because any gust of wind could just knock the cyclists over. Glenn spent a good amount of time drafting for them. There was constant communication between the van (Chuckwagon 16) and the camera crew car and Wes, one of the cyclists.

    We stopped to use the restroom at a restaurant in Mobeetie. And then Neil started to really talk with several folks there. He talked with Mr. Boone who is a direct decendent of Daniel Boone. His great great Grandfather. Neil yelled over to me and said, Judy get me a 50.00 bill. Mr. Boone had a waiting or picture that he took, and Neil asked to buy it from him. He was soft spoken but shared his story. And then Neil talked with 2 Joes and they told of the history of the area. Again, Devine appointments along the way.

    The town folks wanted to name this small Texas town in the panhandle, the name SweetWater, however there was another town already incorporated by that name. So, they ask the Cherokee Indians what was the Indian name for SweetWater. And that was Mobeetie. Come to find out later, the real translation is not sweet water, but buffalo dung.

    We decided to eat lunch this quaint restaurant, named Cowboy Oasis. The service was slow, but the food was delicious. Glenn and shared the special of the day, Chicken Fried Steak. After a 2 hour break, the cyclists got on their bikes hoping the wind would have died down, but it hasn't

    They continued on. Vela drove on ahead and scouted out the Pizza Hut in Elk City for dinner. We pulled into Elk City at 6:30pm. Shared a salad and then the ChuckWagon16 drove on to KOA in Foss so we could get the cabins ready. Neil, Caroline and 2 others rode on into KOA for 102 or 103 miles for the day, So proud of them.

    Tonight, we have the girls (Caroline, me and Una) in 1 small cabin, Glenn is with James, and the others have cabins. Some with a shower and some without. This is my second time at a KOA. I think I could do this again.

    Its been a long hard day. We just have a good "day off", but at least we didn't go anywhere, I did a load of laundry,. I kinda repacked, so I could snd some stuff back with the Coxs when we see them on Tuesday in Tulsa,
    Read more