Satellite
  • Day 13

    Last day in NYC

    May 11, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Our last day in NYC!!!!
    Started off with a walk to Madison Square Garden Arena for a behind the scenes tour. We didn’t really know what we would get to see initially but it was soooo good! Our tour guide was awesome, we got to see some cool stuff and the arena itself is pretty damn impressive.
    They have a lot of memorabilia all around the stadium - boxing, basketball, ice hockey - from famous games and events they’ve held! They also have a timeline of pictures running around one of the levels of big events that have happened on each day of the year, over the years!
    We got to go into the Lexus Suites and sit on the comfy seats and see how the rich people do it.....maybe one day!
    Off to the Bridge Level which is were the all the media people sit during the games and it was pretty awesome! Great views. There are tables along the front, each equipped with a screen, headphones and charging station. We got to do a virtual reality thing - as if we were attending a basketball game, ice hockey game and billy Joel concert which was fun! Billy Joel comes every month to do a show and always sells out!
    We then got to check out the view form the arena floor. Whilst we were there, there was a group of people trying the break the world record for something associated with foam rolling 🤔
    Next were the dressing rooms and they’re pretty damn fancy.

    Shake Shack for lunch for some awesome burgers

    And then off to the Intrepid museum which had a war ship and aircraft and that was cool to see. They also had some interactive stuff so we played along with the little kids 😂

    We watched Means Girls the musical - it was okay. They made it more modern which was good but it wasn’t as good as the other two shows we had seen. Off to the retro nightclub for some dancing which ended with a walk home in the rain ☔️
    Read more