Satellite
  • Day 45

    Revelations about Arkansas

    June 18, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 90 °F

    A very emotional day. It was 96° with a dewpoint of 76 - making it feel like 109°. John and I both agreed that despite the beauty, outdoor recreation and welcoming locals, the humidity in Arkansas is too overwhelming to live comfortably. With that decision made, we decided to forgo heading up to the NW corner of Arkansas and southern portion of Missouri. We both feel a bit deflated and miss having a ‘home’ for the first time. (PLUS, now we won’t be able to see my bestie Jen, who is coincidentally going to be in Fayetteville, AR on the 29th with her sweet as Hell kids, Skylar & Peyton 🥲.)
    So off to Tennessee we rolled. With quick stops at a brewery for John and an ice cream parlor for me, the day got a little brighter. Halfway to Memphis we stopped at a truck wash. Sassy has not been cleaned on the outside since Las Vegas. She looks shiny, bright and new again!
    Staying at a Cracker Barrel 10 miles shy of Memphis. Not even two hours away and the dewpoint has dropped to 64. It is 86° outside, but feels so cool after all of the humidity. I begged John to play checkers outside of the restaurant. When returning to the van, we opened all of the windows. So awesome after weeks of running the air conditioner.
    We are going to check out some neighborhoods tomorrow and book an Airbnb for a couple of days. We will play tourist by catching some live music on Beale Street and revel in the fact that we have a washer and dryer at our disposal.
    Read more