Satellite
  • Day 32

    Flying Home

    May 26, 2015 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 57 °F

    We woke early and went to check out. We were given a box breakfast, which we ate in the hotel restaurant that was still officially closed. While our names had been included on the board in passes and luggage manifest, the driver had not been notified that he would have two extra passengers. He had to call for a larger car, and that delayed us somewhat. We had a furiously exciting drive to the airport, where a Viking representative took us to the proper gate and made sure that we got on the right airplane. Glenda wants to make sure that Shane, our travel agent knows that not even Uniworld gave us such attention. I had no metal on my person, but still I was frisked, and was required to remove my shoes.

    It is 11:30am and we have landed at Düsseldorf. Glenda is unhappy because the agent in Prague would not agree to check her luggage through to out final destination at Raleigh. We had a sandwich and started on the chocolate we brought.

    Upon boarding the flight at Düsseldorf I was called aside for another, very thorough security search. I had to empty my pockets, turn on my camera and iPad, get frisked again, and have both bags searched thoroughly. We are in the air now over Belgium.
    Read more