Satellite
  • Day 33

    Day 33: 1st of final 3 days...on to IA

    August 14, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 64 °F

    Anna and I set out thinking we were going to stay the night in Iowa but we got much farther than we thought even with some heavy winds moving us around. The large number of wind turbines (in operation, under construction, and in transit on tractor trailers) between Cedar Rapids and Council Bluffs confirmed why we were getting blown around all day.

    We pulled into Eugene T Mahoney State Park at about 4:45. After the first official collision of the trip (bumper meet trailer receiver, trailer receiver meet bumper) we had time to get the poles in the water. The "bump" was meathead move while parking truck off the campground road; in my defense, I was distracted while letting Anna stand on the running board while I backed up. (Wait, did I just incriminate myself in my defense?)

    The fish were biting so it was a fun end to a successul day of travel.

    In news from the home front...Elizabeth had a GREAT first day of the 6th grade! She also got picked to go on stage and lead the 6th grade assembly in a song...when new to the pool make a big splash!
    Read more