Satellite
  • Day 27

    Our 'last' day

    August 8, 2017, South China Sea ⋅ 🌙 22 °C

    So Tuesday morning we woke up, and really thought it was our last day. So the plan was to have a very chilled out day and night - enjoying our 'last day' on Gili T.

    However, it wasn't long before we realised (well after I almost queued for ages in the boat queue) that our flight was Friday and not on thursday .... so we could stay an extra night which OF COURSE we did!! We love it here!!!

    We woke up quite early as we had an early night, and went for some breakfast at Kayu Cafe (which was so nice also!). We messaged Jess but we knew she wouldn't be up after the paraletic state she was in on the boat party (when we left at the end she said she was going to stay out ... and she was smashed).

    Then we spent the morning in a perfect (non rocky) spot by the beach. It was boiling! We spoke to a few people around us, and just had a chilled out morning.

    We had lunch at Malin Dive Cafe (I had a panini and Hope had soup), then Hope saw a sign for a pool open to use by non guests as long as drinks are bought. We were so happy as all we wanted was a pool to jump in!

    We chilled all afternoon in this massive pool, then met Jess and her two new roommates (two English lads, Louis and George). We walked to the sunset, and watched the sunset as we had dinner. It was such a nice restaurant (however freezing in the wind, and the food did take ages!! But it was worth it). Hope has a vegetable pie and I had a Caribbean veg curry, and the others all had jerk chicken. It was supposed to be a 'final chilled night' before we all left the island ... but of course we all arranged to go out! Jess was adamant she wasn't coming out ... though of course she did!!

    We got back to the room at 8, then got ready, and started drinking. It was such a funny night! Hope and I didn't last the whole night as we were so drunk, we came back to the room as Hope changed her dress as she spilt stuff all over it. The others came with us as they didn't think we would come back out if they didn't ... but we still didn't go back out. We felt bad but we decided we were so drunk and were going to stay back in (it was about 1 ish). It wasn't a wasted journey as they all drank the rest of their rum and then went back out - so they saved themselves money and they didn't mind!

    Although we didn't stay out that long, it was still a funny night! Pres was really good especially.
    Read more