Satellite
  • Day 23

    We made it!

    April 9, 2022 on the Bahamas ⋅ ⛅ 77 °F

    45 miles later and we are officially in the Bahamas!!!! 🇧🇸

    Started sailing around 8 am this morning. Thought the sailing conditions were going to be pretty good when we checked the night before but once we got out there the winds died down and it was a dead down wind which made it difficult to sail. We ended up having to motor the whole way which was a bummer but we weren't about to wait another day to get to the Bahamas! Plus, autopilot was working great again so we got to sit back, relax and sip on some drinks. We actually tried doing a work out at the bow of the boat but the 6 foot swells didn't line up with that idea, lol..

    As the winds picked up a bit we got to test our spinnaker sail for the first time. Truthfully, we had no idea what we were doing but with a tug and a pull on lines here and there it released this beautiful royal blue sail. We were beyond excited!

    Around 5 PM we anchored outside of immigration in Bimini and checked in. There is many reasons why we love the Bahamas but the smiling faces and welcoming Bahamian music really sets the island mood 😊 After that, we went to pick up a sim card in town at the Bahamas wifi store to get our wifi back and running on the boat. The lady at the front desk pointed us in the right direction to get some of their famous knock out rum punches and conch salad. Those knock outs go to your head quick! There were mountains of conchs stacked up on the shore line, we never seen so many in our life! It looked like they were using the conchs to build up more shoreline.

    We left the south end of Bimini and went to the North end to anchor up for the night. There wasn't one boat where we anchored and a gorgeous beach line with trees surrounding us.

    After 5 + months of moving and outfitting this boat we have finally made it to our new home 🥳 Tomorrow we will be sailing to the Berry Islands, our longest straight sail yet, 70 miles.
    Read more