Satellite
  • Day 3

    One with the Dolphins!

    January 5, 2017 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Great day today!

    Caught a ferry to Cozumel and hired a car as only way to get around island.

    The best beach Punta Sur is right at the end where you can lay in a hammock gazing at a gorgeous beach with a margarita in hand!

    But the best part of the day was swimming with two dolphins, a sea lion and a mother and baby manatee. Wow!

    Had an hour with the sea lion with only four of us - such a beautiful animal. Got to cradle her and got a kiss!!

    The dolphins were incredible - did the dolphin on each side while you hold a fin and they drag you along and then each one pushes you up in the air so you actually stand up and do a big face plant at the end - fun!

    The best one was when an american women's bikini bottom slipped down but she managed to stay upright in the air while pulling it up! Well done to her I say!
    Just as good was the reaction of the six mormons from Utah who didn't know where to look!

    The manatees swim around following the cabbage leaves held by the trainer - they are incredible up close.

    Paid an exorbitant price for the photos and that was after I got them down by $40US with two prints thrown in! Tripadvisor is full of complaints about the cost. But I wanted those photos!!

    Which brings me to the rip off prices here in touristy Playa del Carmen! I wanted a cheap fan and was quoted from $15 to $64!!!!! As if!!

    Its just not worth shopping from the small shops as the bargaining in the heat is exhausting.

    Even though its touristy its a good place to base yourself and walking the main shopping street is fun looking at all the restaurants and goings on. Some of the bars have swings! Now thats a bar I can go with!

    Photos - the lovely Punta Sur with the hamocks!
    Read more