Satellite
  • Day 16

    Train Time

    October 12, 2017 in Russia ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    By 9 am today I had already done a train station tour, had two breakfasts and a nap ... I had a productive morning. That’s what happens when your cabin mate is an early riser and there is a time change.

    It’s a full train travel day today, so nothing exciting but relaxing and chilling out is on my agenda.

    We did decide to check out the restaurant car as we heard fantastic things about the pancakes (crepes) and red caviar. While there we met an Australian guy who was on his way to being drunk, and insisted we have vodka with them. We did one shot with him, and it wasn’t bad vodka, but since I can’t drink vodka cause it grosses me out right now, it was a bit of a challenge.

    The Australian then decided to bring back a couple friends, and things changed in the atmosphere, one of the guys was Mongolian and kept making violent references, the other guy was Irish and he was cool. He’s a Game of Thrones extra. Because of the actions the Mongolian guy was making the restaurant manager was giving him hell, the girls and I opted to settle our bills and leave. Seemed like the safest alternative since I’m pretty sure the manager was going to chuck him out the rail car window and leave him. And if she couldn’t do it, I’m pretty sure the chef could have.

    That was the highlight of our day to being the most eventful thing to happen. Other than that it was a pretty relaxed evening with a beautiful sunset that made the sky look like it was on fire.
    Read more