Satellite
  • Day 1

    Phnom Penh

    April 12, 2017 in Cambodia ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    We took the bus from Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The bus was fairly okay, there was constant music playing and a random movie on which starred Mike Tyson and a lot of fighting. Every scene was a fight! Crouching tiger hidden dragon style fighting. Anywhoot...we stopped of at the vietnam border and then the cambodian border. And we was on our way. On arriving in Phnom Penh we was immediately bothered by tuk tuk drivers who shouted dollar numbers at us. We didn't have any dollars as yet and went to the bank to get some cash and low and behold the bloody tuk tuk driver followed us. In the end we walked to our hostel as it was not far and saved on a few quid.
    The next day we head out to see the Royal palace. Was pretty temples with pretty greenery surrounding it.
    Our next day in Phnom Penh was quite intense. We went to the Killing fields where we learnt about the atrocities committed under the Khmer regime. Millions of Cambodians killed by other Cambodians. Mothers, babies and men all slaughtered ....we were took round each section and informed of what took place in the killing fields. We also visited the Genocide musuem. This displayed many pictures of the prisoners kept there and it was harrowing! There was pictures of babies who were sat up and posed to look like a mug shot. It was very difficult but interesting as we did not know about any of it.
    It was then time to leave Phnom Penh for Siem Reap. Awaiting our pick up it started chucking it down! The streets were flooded with water it was crazy! But luckily we arrived safely.
    Read more