Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 1 982–1 986

    Ulverstone

    27 октября 2023 г., Австралия ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    We had a few rain showers prior to leaving Melbourne but managed to pack the trailer up all dry. We then made our way to Geelong to join the queue for the overnight ferry. Tasmania is 220 miles across the Bass Strait, which due to a reasonable wind was quite choppy to begin with. Thankfully we both managed to sleep quite well, but did not appreciate being woken at 5.45am as we started to approach the port of Devonport.
    Temperature on arrival 4 degrees C due also to an unseasonable cold snap. The temps are getting back to normal now - very like an English spring.
    Off the ferry at 6:30 am we drove 20 mins to our site at Ulverstone to drop off the trailer, then dashed off to Woollworths to stock up on fresh fruit veg etc as quarantine rules restrict these items from being brought in.
    Just having brekkie in camp kitchen before we pitch the trailer and make our plan for the next few days.
    First impressions are that this island is beautiful.
    Having got ourselves sorted and all set up on site we ventured off a little way along the coast to Penguin, but first we went back into Devonport to relieve Kmart of a hot water bottle and sleep pants/pyjamas to see us through the next couple of colder nights .
    The coastal road hugs the sea line next to a railway and is a nice drive. Penguin is named after the Little Penguins that make their home here - they come into shore in the summer months and we might get to see some in these late Spring evenings.
    Читать далее