Satellite
  • Day 5

    What to do on a rainy day...

    October 4, 2018 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 16 °C

    We started with another stack of Hot Cakes of course. Today it was out last day in Sydney and it was a bit wet so we stuck mostly to places within range of coffee shops/bars.

    After brunch, we climbed the Sydney Pylon Tower which is one of the towers at the edge of the bridge. Had a chance to get some more photos of the Opera House and Harbour.

    We can’t believe how quiet Sydney has been since we’ve been here, barely any cars on the road, no wailing sirens, no huge crowds of tourists. I guess it will be different in high season.

    Then we wandered over to the Botanical Gardens and had a stroll, stopping at a coffee shop in the middle, before walking back for a final ‘schooner’ (pronounced scoona by the locals, which means a 1/2 of a pint of beer) in the Opera House bar. Think we ended up right in the middle of a private event as everyone else was dressed in 3 piece suits and cocktails dresses whilst we were in our hoodies and jeans! Great spot for a beer though.

    Ready for our early flight to Brisbane tomorrow so we changed from a luxury hotel to a hostel nearer to the airport, much to Harriet’s dismay.

    Mart x
    Read more